ATLANTA, GA – May 5, 2010- Okabashi puts a new twist on safe Eco-Chic footwear that is good all round.
The weather is finally on the cusp of summer, and for many this means days at the park, hitting the pool and wearing flip-flips.
Flip-flops are a staple of warm weather, but in recent years, the act of wearing the thong sandal has come under attack by a number of factors. Most alarming from a study that proved that shoes (flip flops in particular) harbor approximately 18,100 types of fungus and bacteria – even some which if left untreated could be dangerous. Yes, gross!
Good news: Okabashi’s latest line of footwear is dishwasher-safe, which at high temperature kills all bacteria and germs. The Okabashi sandal will not shrink or lose its vibrant color no matter how often it is placed in a dishwasher. In addition, this vegan friendly line is 100% recyclable and is made in the U.S.A. thereby minimizing its carbon footprint.
Okabashi’s tips to healthy and sanitary feet:
- Avoid wearing other people’s shoes, as this can spread fungus and bacteria to your feet
- Always wear shoes in public areas like gyms, saunas, and whirlpools- Exfoliate feet twice a week for the ultimate cleanliness and health
- Exfoliate feet twice a week for the ultimate cleanliness and health
- Wash your Okabashi flip-flops in the dishwasher weekly during peak flip-flop season
- Alternate between your Okabashi shoes for best massage combinations
About Okabashi Brands, Inc.
With all manufacturing based in Buford, GA, Okabashi has produced wellness-oriented casual footwear in the United States since 1984. All Okabashi footwear is designed with a massaging insole, superior arch support and ergonomic foot beds. For environmental wellness, Okabashi operates a clean manufacturing facility, which only produces 100% recyclable shoes. Customers can find men’s, women’s and kid’s shoes in a variety of styles and colors. Shoe collections include flip flops, casual slides, midheels sandals and clogs.